Sunlover Reef Cruises began its operation in Cairns in 1991 with only 7 staff and currently employs over 60 staff and has introduced nearly one million guests from all over the world to the magnificent beauty of the Great Barrier Reef.
Sunlover Reef Cruises offers a genuine value for money day trip by providing complimentary inclusions to our guests as part of an overall inclusive package. This package has been designed to enhance people’s ability, regardless of age, to discover and experience the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. We have also taken into account that some of our guests will not be able to swim.
Your Day includes:
- Transfer to and from the outer reef aboard our fast air-conditioned catamaran, which spans 34 meters in length, is 3 levels high and is powered by two, turbo charged diesel engines. The vessel also features lounge suites, bathroom facilities (including disabled access), large wide windows, flat screen TV’s displaying footage of Moore Reef and is fully equipped with life rafts and safety equipment for up to 440 people.
- Access to our large stable pontoon which spans 45 meters in length and 12 meters in width and features extensive seating, expansive shaded areas offering protection from the sun, air conditioned underwater observatory, change room & shower facilities, kids pool area, two wide and safe entry points into the water.
- A Marine life touch tank with sea creatures to experience up close and personal.
- The air-conditioned Underwater Observatory area provides guests the ability to stay dry while getting up close to the many varieties of coral life that are found on the Great Barrier Reef.
- A Guided Glass Bottom Boat cruise lead by one of our many knowledgeable deck crew, who professionally glide the vessel over the top of the reef to allow the guests to see many magnificent coral formations while being informed about the colourful and varied marine fish life.
- A Guided Semi-Submersible cruise driven by one of our senior deck crew who will navigate carefully alongside the reef to allow guests, to get a fish’s perspective of the various species of coral and marine fish life that inhabit the area. Interpretative talks about the marine life take place throughout the trip by one of our crew, pointing out the Giant Clams, passing Turtles and the occasional inquisitive Dolphin.
- All the equipment required to safely Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef is supplied, including masks, fins and buoyancy vests (for flotation).
- We provide our guests with a first class Tropical Buffet Lunch including seafood which includes hot and cold options, prawns and tropical fruits.
- Optional activities such as Introductory diving and Seawalker helmet diving are available.
- Guided snorkel tours and scenic helicopter flights are also available.