About this job
Harristown Primary School has a proud tradition of 100 years of offering the best possible educational opportunities for our students. Our students are working hard towards the school values of Respect, Responsibility, Learning and Safety. Through the use of the PBL (Positive Behaviour for Learning) program we have noted some remarkable positive improvements across the school in regards to behaviour. Students are proud to be a Harristown Hero and this is being noted through our positive interactions in the community.
For more information, please visit Harristown State School.
The successful applicant will lead and teach within Harristown State School SEP, including working with teachers, students and stakeholders to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students. They will also manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the SEP to achieve goals and provide outreach support to Cluster schools as need arises.
As the Head of Special Education Services, you will:
- focus on educational leadership, participating in delivering the vision of State Schools Division
- develop the quality of teaching and learning
- nurture positive relationships between students, teachers, the community and stakeholders.
About the role
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Lead the school special education unit or special education developmental unit teachers, students and stakeholders to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Are active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, and community groups.Are futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students with disability.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the unit to achieve goals.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green 'Apply online' button below, enter your personal details and as per School’s request, applicants are required to submit the following:
- Provide a current Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages)
- Nominate 2 referees - one being current supervisor
- Provide a maximum 1 page response (in total) using the following Selection Criteria as a guide:
SC 1: Demonstrated teaching competence and capacity to provide curriculum leadership in the area of special education leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students
SC 2: Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
Please also note the following:
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.