About this job
This position is a Junior Secondary Deputy Principal position. The role includes leading and managing: the junior school curriculum and behaviour teams, our Literacy and Numeracy improvement program "Bridging the Gaps", the development and implementation of the "My Big Picture Plan" program and the development and implementation of the School's ICT Infrastructure and Learning plan. As well as line management of : Curriculum programs, Workplace Health and Safety, Master teacher and Pre service teacher program. Bundaberg North State High School has a current enrolment of approximately 740 students from year 7 to year 12. At North we focus on achieving our vision of Outstanding Learners, Outstanding Achievements and Outstanding Futures. We encourage our students to have a growth mindset and work at achieving to their capacity while experiencing and enjoying all aspects of school life. Above all we want our students to be part of a genuine learning culture, where staff and students seek out new challenges and share their successes that includes all students transitioning into a life sustaining pathway.
About the Role
Your application should specifically address each selection criterion listed below.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Demonstrated capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use strategic thinking and analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated support for and the capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values. (Do not write to Point 5 in your written application. Point 5 will be addressed through referee checks and elaborated on at interview)
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online by using the green 'Apply Online' button below.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages)
- Contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A maximum 4 page (one page per selection criterion) written response outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.
URLRole Description Deputy Principal, Stream 3, DSL1,DSL2, DSL3, Various State Schools, State Schools Division, 14014.docx