About this job
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Provide leadership and high level advice on embedding indigenous performance perspectives relating to the implementation of government initiatives across Regional Services, State Schooling, Early Childhood and Training portfolios.
- Support the Regional Director in ensuring regional capability to deliver the 2014-2018 DET Strategic Plan and Advancing Education Strategy.
- In partnership with schools the Regional Services and State Schooling teams:
- provide high level advice on indigenous issues in relation to the implementation of the Australian Curriculum
- identify areas that provide opportunities for educational reform through innovative curriculum and pedagogy practice across all phases of learning, particularly for indigenous students
- provide high level advice on the develop and implementation of behaviour management strategies with other agencies that create safe, tolerant and disciplined environments for indigenous students.
- identify, develop and facilitate collaborative leadership opportunities with schools, universities and other agencies, which lead to sustainable partnerships in delivery of curriculum reform.
- Influence the implementation of professional development strategies that are focused on key learning, training and early childhood priorities.
- Identify, develop and design interventions to strengthen the capability of schools and their indigenous communities.
- Contribute to planning and goal setting for the region, providing high level and timely advice to the Regional Director on complex and diverse emerging issues and priorities to meet the diverse needs of school communities.
- Provide advice to the Regional Director on the development of a whole-of-government and whole-of-community strategic partnership framework that integrates government initiatives, e.g. Parent and Community Engagement Framework.
- Provide leadership across schools, government and non-government agencies in the development of a range of viable alternative learning provisions.
- Maximise the integration and effectiveness of whole of government service delivery in the region by the development of strong interagency networks and supporting cross government projects, which enhance service delivery to clients.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.