About this job
This is a PO2 progressional position as per the Role Description. The successful (QLD Public Service Officers and Other Employees Award – State 2015) once specific criteria have been met or demonstrated. Salary rate shown is reflective of PO2 to PO3 classification range.
As the Physiotherapist you will:
- Manage the provision of specialised physiotherapy services to children and adolescents within designated educational facilities.
- Participate as an active team member in a number of educational teams with particular emphasis on the delivery of physiotherapy services and related curriculum issues.
Physiotherapists provide services to designated state educational facilities within a region. These may include state primary, secondary and special schools.
A line manager, designated by the Regional Director, provides administrative and organisational support to the physiotherapist. A Senior Advisor - Physiotherapy or Senior Physiotherapy Officer (supervising physiotherapist) provides professional supervision and management of physiotherapy services within regions.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Possession of current registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia.
- Relevant degree in Physiotherapy from a recognised tertiary institution, or qualifications which, in the opinion of the Director-General, Department of Education, Training and Employment or delegate are acceptable.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.