About this job
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.
To help us achieve these goals, we require a Senior Facilities Services Officer who will:
- Actively participate in teams and projects to undertake analysis, design, review and implementation of infrastructure, planning and asset management related business activities, systems, policies, projects and programs of work.
- Provide advice to clients and senior branch staff on a range of infrastructure, planning and asset management issues
Are you the right person?
The successful applicant will possess the ability to:
- Research, analyse and evaluate business improvements and provide support to managers and team members in the implementation and promotion of best practice within the team and maintain the management and administration of the department’s infrastructure, planning and asset management programs.
- Participate in teams formulating innovative and workable solutions for infrastructure, planning and asset management related services that align to industry quality standards.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with internal and external networks to support departmental responses to issues and best practice approaches to implementing consistent processes on a range of infrastructure and planning related services.
- Provide high level advice, information and support services across a broad range of infrastructure, planning and asset management related issues, with a strong focus on client centric facilities services and the provision of advice to staff in schools, regional teams and the wider community.
- Lead and participate in project teams to develop, implement, maintain and review programs, policies and procedures to support the strategic direction of the department for a range of infrastructure and planning related issues.
- Analyse information and prepare Ministerial responses, reports, submissions and briefing material on a range of infrastructure, planning and asset management issues.
- Manage operational activities and workload prioritisation for a team to ensure that services and programs are delivered within required timeframes.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a brief letter (1 page) telling us why you are interested in this role. This should not be a restatement of your resume and does not require you to respond to each of the attribute areas; it is your opportunity to tell us about yourself; what you'll bring to the role and what you'll get out of it.