About this job
Charters Towers State High School is a year 7-12 school supporting the education needs of students within a rural and mining community. The school was established in 1912 and continues to deliver cutting edge curriculum. In 2014, the Dalrymple Trade Training Centre opened, which supports and enriches the school’s academic offerings in line with community employability needs.
For more information, please visit Charters Towers State High School.
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
As a Principal you play a vital role in shaping the way we deliver education services to ensure students have the skills, knowledge and creativity to succeed in the global economy.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green 'Apply online' button below, enter your personal details and as per School’s request, applicants are required to submit the following:
- A three page resume. Minimum 10 point arial font.
- A 2 page statement outlining your suitability for the position.
When writing your Suitability Statement and Resume keep in mind that the panel will be looking for your demonstration of:
- Knowledge - What the person needs to know to perform the role.
- Skills - The specific skills to meet required role outcomes.
- Attributes - Inherent personal qualities relevant to the role.
Please note that within the context of the role description, while the ideal applicant will be someone who has the key capabilities it is NOT a requirement to write to these capabilities individually, i.e. your suitability statement and Resume should provide a holistic picture of your suitability to the role and reflecting these capabilities that writing to SC as in the past.
- Demonstrated leadership of a curriculum, teaching and learning environment, leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills and the ability to use those to influence the educational agenda for state schooling.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values.
Please also note the following:
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.