About this job
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Develop a regionally contextualised framework for delivering professional development and upskilling opportunities focused on elevating teacher capability in STEM learning areas, with a particular focus on science, coding and robotics, to improve student outcomes and student interest in subject areas relating to STEM for the workforce.
- Take a leadership role and work collaboratively with Curriculum Teaching and Learning Branch within State Schools Division, higher education institutions, and creative industries around development opportunities and the upskilling of the existing workforce.
- Lead the development and implementation of the framework for STEM professional development and upskilling programs, to build capability in primary and secondary teachers in STEM learning areas.
- Provide networking opportunities with higher education institutions and industry partners for teachers to access.
- Prepare materials and resources specific to each of the programs and opportunities offered.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at email@example.com or toll free 1300 720 944.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response to selection criteria 1 to selection criteria 4 outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.