About this job
1 x Permanent Full-Time
1 x Temporary Full-Time for 18 Months unless otherwise determined
The procurement function in DET establishes and manages supply arrangements; assists schools and corporate areas to engage suppliers; provides purchasing training and advice to staff; and maintains the department’s purchasing and procurement policies, procedures, instructions and forms.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Lead the development, implementation and delivery of purchasing training to employees of the department.
- Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing delivery of professional development and training strategies to raise the knowledge and skills of the department's procurement staff and key clients of the procurement function.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of best practice purchasing procedures, templates and supporting instructions to support staff undertaking purchasing activities.
- Contribute to a high level of professional practice in the branch by maintaining a good knowledge of contemporary procurement strategies, policies and practices and an awareness of government priorities and initiatives that have implications for the procurement function.
These positions require experience with delivering training or presentations to large groups of people.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.