The Object of APPA is to support and advocate for primary school principals, the education and wellbeing of primary school students and the work of primary school communities across Australia.
In pursuit of the Object, APPA will:
- promote the profession of primary school leadership;
- promote the professional development of primary school principals;
- represent State and Territory primary school principal associations and their members at a national level;
- promote continuous development in primary education;
- create means by which the collective experience and expertise of principals may be used as an educational resource;
- provide forums for exchange and discussion of ideas with a particular focus on school leadership; and
- liaise with other organisations whose views and activities affect the development and standing of primary schools.