Some of our activities and involvements include:
- organising special German days, such as the German Day Out, and the Primary German Day
- running competitions such as the Schutzenfest Poster Competition, and the German School Film Festival (2016 winners here) in association with the Goethe Institut
- subsidising students in financial difficulty who wish to participate in a German Exchange
- offering subsidies to teachers of German to complete special projects or events that foster and promote the learning of German
- administering and subsidising an annual year 10 scholarship to Germany, in association with the Goethe Institut
- working in partnership with the Goethe Institut and associations in other states to foster links and promote sharing of resources and teaching methodology
- organising the annual German Teachers Conference, where teachers can update skills, gain new ideas, discover new resources and network
- offering a SACE Revision Course for Stage 2 and Stage 1 (also suitable for the IB Diploma)
- advocating for the study of the German language in the curriculum and supporting teachers
The SAGTA Committee meets once a month to discuss, develop and plan activities and strategies to help German teachers and students in South Australia.
We would warmly welcome new members, so that we can continue this valuable work.