This diverse conference will suit PE teachers interacting with SEN students, Special Needs Education Assistants, and Teachers who are interested in identifying and supporting children with motor issues.
The day will feature one stream, which will include:
- How to support children with motor issues to engage in physical activity
- Creating links between special needs and mainstream staff to develop a good understanding of the roles of Education Support Staff in classes
- Demonstration Class: Adapting a Physical Education lesson for Special Needs Students: Ideas for scaffolding Physical Education lessons for students with special needs
- Modified equipment & team building exercises (practical)
- Using SEN as an effective reporting tool and highlighting the positive impact of health and physical education on the individual student’s journey;
- Integration of special needs students with mainstream via the medium of sport; Use of year 11 and 12 students, carnival integration and the history of including SN students with mainstream in sporting activities.