Education sets the foundations for a strong future; however, many Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children remain disadvantaged to their non-Indigenous peers.
Education positively impacts the lives of not only individuals but their families and communities too. It is crucial that Governments and communities work together to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people and encourage educational engagement and attendance.
The 3rd National Indigenous Education Forum will provide delegates with the tools on how to increase students’ academic performance through positive relationship building and the implementation of cultural curriculums.
Attend this forum and learn how to:
- Effectively engage Indigenous students in the classroom
- Improve student attendance rates through increased engagement
- Foster Indigenous identity within the classroom
- Develop culturally based teaching methods
- Build stronger connections between Indigenous families, communities and schools