About this job
The procurement function in DET establishes and manages supply arrangements; assists schools and corporate areas to engage suppliers; provides purchasing training to staff; and maintains the purchasing and procurement policies, procedures, instructions and forms.
Procurement offers a varied and exciting career pathway and opportunities, with exposure to a wide range of business functions. Career pathways include:
- Contract managers
- Contract negotiators
- Category managers
- Procurement advisors
- Procurement analysts
- Strategic sourcing advisors
- Supply market analysts
- Supply chain managers
Is this for you?
The Procurement Services Branch is seeking applicants who have:
- An undergraduate or post-graduate degree and graduated from university in the last 2 years.
- A degree relevant to procurement, such as Business/International Business, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Law or Information Technology.
- An interest in procurement.
- Strong presentation and analytical skills and can communicate to a wide range of audiences.
The successful applicants will work in the General Goods and Services Procurement Category and the Information Communication Technology Procurement Category.
You will be mentored throughout the 12 months and have access to training and development opportunities, including the Queensland Government’s Procurement Certification Program.
Refer to the attached Role Description for the responsibilities and key tasks.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Include copies of documentation detailing your academic achievements.
- Responses to the online questionnaire (the questionnaire will open after you have clicked apply and entered your personal details)
Contact Name: Sasha Tranberg, 07 3034 4709
Closing date: Wednesday, 27 September 2017
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.