About this job
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.
As the Senior Project Officer you will:
- Provide high level executive support to the Assistant Director-General.
- Coordinate and quality control the preparation of branch briefing notes, submissions, reports and correspondence on behalf of the branch and for use by the Assistant Director-General.
- Monitor progress and produce reports for the Assistant Director-General on various projects and action items and undertake investigation, research and analysis of sensitive and confidential matters.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all administrative documents associated with activities within the division.
- Encourage an environment in which high-quality services are delivered by continually seeking improvements in administrative systems and processes and by leading by example.
- Identify the need for and facilitate the timely preparation of briefing notes for the Assistant Director-General on matters for discussion with public and private sector executives and representatives.
The ideal applicant will have:
- an excellent understanding of departmental processes and how they to the provision of high level executive support services
- demonstrated ability to deliver results within tight timeframes with high levels of accuracy
- excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal with a range of stakeholders in a professional and positive manner
- strong time management, organisational and communication skills
- the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Applicants are required to submit a brief resume, contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current supervisor) and a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under ‘How You Will Be Assessed’.