About this job
As the International Student Homestay Coordinator you will have responsibility for the following:
- Recruit suitable homestay providers to host international students and secure the Principal’s approval for all suitable homestay providers.
- Manage and coordinate the placement of international students with suitable approved homestay providers in accordance with Education Queensland International’s (EQI) homestay procedures and Blue Card Services criteria and in compliance with DET International policies and procedures as well as State and Commonwealth legislative requirements, and participate in mandatory training offered by the school and DET International.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of a homestay register to record and monitor homestay providers and student placement data.
- Liaise with parents and homestay providers and advocate for international students in terms of welfare issues, particularly those relating to the homestay environment.
- Coordinate and manage payments to homestay providers.
- Develop an orientation program and deliver training to approved homestay providers, and coordinate information sharing sessions with homestay providers to ensure consistency of care and service delivery.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of an orientation program for international students, including informing students of the location and accessibility to consumer services and community facilities and ensure integration into the school environment and community.
- Monitor the ongoing welfare, adjustment, behaviour and health of international students in homestay, ensuring appropriate intervention is provided, and detailed records are maintained.
- Identify and facilitate access to support services, including counselling, to assist with the adjustment to living and studying in Queensland, and resolving issues which could impede successful completion of study.
- Develop and maintain effective communication links with international students and homestay providers, and provide students with details for 24 hour contact in the event of an emergency.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under how you will be assessed in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit