About this job
Samford State School is an Independent Public School. For more information regarding Independent Public Schools please CLICK HERE.
Our exceptional teachers go the extra mile to ensure that students are offered the opportunity to fulfil their potential both in and beyond the classroom. We embrace our obligation to prepare young people to make their way in the world as confident, caring and responsible citizens. The happiness, security and development of each child is central to our work. We seek to attract staff who are passionate about their work and making a difference to the lives of children, always want to learn and improve with a growth mindset, have a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences, can work collaboratively, provide collegial support and communicate well.
As Deputy Principal at Samford State School you will assist in delivering the department’s vision and offer leadership in improving student outcomes and foster positive relationships amid students, teachers and stakeholders.
You will lead the learning of students and in the early learning phase at our school. The Early Year’s Deputy Principal leads and supports Targeted Teaching to ensure every student is making a years’ worth of growth each year. As Deputy Principal you would also lead the Students Services Team including- Learning Support, Advanced Learners and Special Education Program, and embrace autonomy and innovation without compromising quality, efficiency and transparency. You will continue to build partnerships between students, staff, families and the wider community to benefit our students and achieve outstanding results.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit the school's website.
About the Role
Your application should specifically address each selection criterion listed below.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Demonstrated capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use strategic thinking and analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated support for and the capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values. (Do not write to Point 5 in your written application. Point 5 will be addressed through referee checks and elaborated on at interview)
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online by using the green 'Apply Now' button below.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages) with contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.