About this job
Yugumbir State School is a cohesive, school community striving to achieve individual excellence for every student. The school has a rigorous teaching and learning program striving to cater for the range of learning needs of all students. Classrooms are positive, nurturing environments in which students are encouraged, supported and positively challenged to learn, achieving the highest individual standard possible.
For further information about the school, please visit the school's website.
About the role
As a school leader you play a vital role in shaping the way we deliver education services to ensure students have the skills, knowledge and creativity to succeed in the global economy. You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students;
- Uphold the principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity;
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life;
- Set high standards for student and staff performance;
- Are active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development;
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business;
- Are futures oriented and strategic;
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling; and
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
What is an applicant to provide in an application?
- A current resume (maximum of 3 pages and minimum 10 point in Arial font);
- Contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor);
- A maximum 2 page suitability statement outlining your suitability to the position by addressing Key Capabilities 1 and 2.
When writing your suitability statement and resume keep in mind that the panel will be looking for your demonstration of:
- Knowledge - What the person needs to know to performthe role.
- Skills - The specific skills to meet required role outcomes.
- Attributes - Inherrent personla qualities relevant to the role.
Please note that within the context of the Role Description the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following Key Capabilities. Please ensure your application addresses Key Capabilities 1 and 2:
- Demonstrated leadership of a curriculum, teaching and learning environment, leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills and the ability to use those to influence the educational agenda for state schooling.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information on registration requirements, please visit the website https://www.qct.edu.au/.
please visit the website https://www.qct.edu.au/.