About this job
Beachmere State School is a small school located in the Moreton Bay Region. The school has a current enrolment of 300 students. Our school is very community orientated and has regular and ongoing support from parents and local volunteers. Our volunteers support student learning in a range of educational areas including classroom reading programs, school community garden projects, sporting & cultural activities.
The school has a very active and supportive Parents and Citizens Association that provides financial and “on the ground” support for a range of Educational Programs.
What is an applicant to provide in an application?
- A current resume (maximum of 3 pages and minimum 10 point in Arial font);
- Contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor);
- A maximum 2 page suitability statement outlining your suitability to the position.
When writing your suitability statement and resume keep in mind that the panel will be looking for your demonstration of:
- I. Knowledge - What the person needs to know to perform the role.
- II. Skills - The specific skills to meet required role outcomes.
- III. Attributes - Inherent personal qualities relevant to the role.
Please note that, while the ideal applicant will be someone who has the key capabilities as listed within the context of the role description it is NOT a requirement to write to these capabilities individually, i.e. your suitability statement and resume should provide a holistic picture of your suitability to the role and reflecting these capabilities.
Within the context of the duties described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Demonstrated leadership of a curriculum, teaching and learning environment, leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills and the ability to use those to influence the educational agenda for state schooling.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values.
Please ensure you download the Applicant Information Package and Role Description.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information on registration requirements, please visit the website https://www.qct.edu.au/.