About this job
Please note there are two Temporary Full-Time positions available with vacancy one ending 29 March 2018 and vacancy two closing 09 February 2018.
We are seeking a high performing and innovative Principal Community Engagement Officer to engage and collaborate with internal and external partners to promote the importance of the early years, and ensure continued investment and participation in quality, inclusive early learning development.
You will have the responsibility for the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Manage the Division’s internal and external corporate communications and promotional activities targeted for specific audiences.
- Establish and maintain effective internal communication strategies and strategic projects, for the Division.
- Develop and implement innovative external communication strategies for a range of audiences across the early years’ sector and the public.
- Plan, research and deliver effective communication and project strategies to improve understanding and support implementation of key early childhood education and care initiatives.
- Coordinate specific media related issues to ensure they are completed accurately and within tight deadlines.
- Prepare speeches, media releases, briefing notes, presentations and materials for publication often within tight timeframes.
- Prepare, distribute, coordinate and promote Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) news and events via various channels and media (e.g. print, web, radio, TV, multimedia).
- Coordinate the content and production of publications and promotional materials for the Division.
- Provide policy advice and assistance in implementing communications and related policies.
- Ensure key staff and stakeholders are appropriately consulted in the development,delivery and review of communications projects.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.