About this job
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
Keebra Park State High School is an Independent Public School. For more information regarding Independent Public Schools please CLICK HERE.
Our school is one which provides a wide range of opportunities for the secondary education of young people. Its academic reputation in the community is exceptionally good with emphasis being placed on each child’s personal best achievement being valued and recognised by our school community. The highly professional staff create a caring, disciplined learning environment which recognises the individual learning needs of every student. A ‘Futures Pathway’ Curriculum enables all students to choose a course of study which best fits their abilities and aspirations for the future. Our school promotes education for all students. We recognise and celebrate the many different cultures our students bring to our school from all over the world.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit the school's website.
As the Head of Department you will focus on curriculum leadership - participating in delivering the vision of the department and developing the quality of teaching and learning and nurturing positive relationships between students, teachers and stakeholders.
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages)
- Contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to key capability 1 and 2 under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.