About this job
As the Business Manager you will manage the delivery of a range of corporate services, support educational management activities and lead the development of systemic change by actively supporting the school management team and school community. You will oversee the delivery of administrative, financial and human resources support, including the supervision of lower level school support staff and influencing stakeholders on sensitive issues.
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Operate autonomously in the provision of business services to the school, in an environment that at times exhibits a degree of complexity and frequently requires the interpretation of information and adaptation of processes.
- Provide a comprehensive range of administrative support (e.g. preparation of reports, and correspondence) and identify problems, conduct research, seek expert advice, recommend solutions.
- Undertake the day to day supervision and management of school support staff, including monitoring workloads and performance (working in collaboration with the Principal for any difficult performance management situations); identifying workforce capability requirements; and role modelling performance standards. In addition, this role will oversee for school support staff the signatories/approval of timesheets, leave applications, rosters, arrange relief; and organise, undertake and coordinate the recruitment, induction and training of school support staff.
- Support the Principal with the preparation and administration of the budget, undertaking day to day financial activities (e.g. reviewing school expenditure, managing payroll and purchasing, producing financial reports from OneSchool); seeking external expert financial advice when appropriate; proposing alternatives for managing the school’s financial resources; and suggesting courses of action to routine and non-routine financial matters that comply with legislation and policy.
- Monitor and provide advice to the Principal on facilities and ground maintenance (e.g. advising on minor works and repairs schedules, negotiating with contractors, facilitating repairs, and overseeing expenditure of planned and unplanned maintenance budgets).
- Manage the purchase, maintenance and repair of resources/equipment in accordance with guidelines, and identify opportunities to generate greater resource sustainability.
- Build collaborative partnerships with staff and community representatives to ensure the provision of corporate services meets best practice, and act as a role model for talent within the network.
- Demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills, empathy, self-awareness and the ability to build trust when dealing with sensitive situations. Interpret the likely reactions of others to emotional situations and recognise opportunities in which students may be better supported in their school environment.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume (maximum 2 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the 'How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.