About this job
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Contribute to the preparation of the department’s general purpose and specific purpose financial statements in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards, relevant financial management legislation, and Treasury and departmental guidelines.
- Manage the preparation of reconciliations, corrective journals and working papers to ensure the integrity of the department’s general ledger and budget development systems.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, systems, practices and procedures which contribute to improved financial accounting and management practices within the department.
- Provide value adding analysis, and professional and authoritative advice, to the manager, senior management, business units, clients and customers including identification of issues and concerns, and options for improvement.
- Assist in the development of plans, budgets and key performance indicators, and measure and monitor performance to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Identify departmental training needs in financial accounting and management, and contribute to the development and implementation of strategies and training programs to meet these needs.
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team to develop, implement, maintain and review programs, systems, policies and procedures to support finance functions across the department.
- Assist the Manager to foster a challenging, equitable, ethical and safe work environment which encourages commitment, skills development, professional growth and continuous improvement for staff.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the “How you will be assessed” section in the attached Role Description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.