About this job
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Provide advice and recommendations to the professional supervisor and other clients on policies, systems and practices related to physiotherapy services.
- Provide leadership and professional supervision to physiotherapists in collaboration with regional and school personnel, and in response to the needs of students with disabilities.
- Oversee the research, development, implementation and evaluation of validated clinical practices, policies and protocols relating to the practice of physiotherapy across designated regions.
- Identify professional development needs and proactively plan, implement and evaluate training and development initiatives for physiotherapists and manage and monitor the career progression and clinical advancement schemes for physiotherapists within State Schools.
- Contribute to research, development, maintenance, review and implementation of operational standards, procedures and programs to support physiotherapy services across the department.
- Contribute, as a collaborative member of the management teams, to the identification and determination of the strategic direction and program priorities of the designated regions through active involvement in regional committees to determine needs based resourcing for physiotherapy services.
- Advise and collaborate with the designated Regional Directors in the identification of the need for physiotherapy in service development, workforce planning, recruitment and selection and performance appraisal and development.
- Lead and manage teams and projects as required to achieve departmental inclusive education priorities.
- Advocate for and promote system wide physiotherapy services, processes and resources to support students with special needs.
- Lead service development, quality improvement initiatives, program evaluation and research opportunities within the profession and across multi-disciplinary teams and maintain performance and accountability frameworks, including indicators, measures and reporting regimes related to physiotherapy services.
- Prepare and present papers and reports relating to the department’s physiotherapy services at state and national conferences where relevant.
- Maintain effective liaison, communication and collaboration networks with State schools and regions, together with other relevant agencies and stakeholders, including other government departments and relevant professional bodies.
- Collaborate with Senior Advisors, Physiotherapy, Senior Advisors, Speech-Language Therapy and Senior Advisors, Occupational Therapy and the Senior Physiotherapy Officers regarding issues in common relating to therapy services in education.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Possession of current registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia.
- A relevant degree from a recognised tertiary institution, or other equivalent formal qualification which, in the opinion of the Director-General, Department of Education and Training or delegate are acceptable.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.