About this job
To provide literacy and numeracy assistance to students with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent. This temporary appointment is funded under an Aboriginal Education program.
- must have a competent level of literacy and numeracy
- must have an interest in the process of learning to read and understanding numeracy
- must have a cooperative nature and a kind manner and be capable of supporting children in their learning
- must be willing to support the ethos of the Catholic School
- must be interested in working with children who have special needs and are integrated into the mainstream
- must be capable of working under the supervision of the Learning Support Co-ordinator
- must have an understanding of the local Aboriginal community & networks
- must have experience in working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island students
- Demonstrate recent and relevant experience in initiating, developing, implementing and monitoring Personal Learning Plans for indigenous students in a school setting
Demonstrate experience in using and implementing/facilitating specific reading comprehension programs. Working With Children number must be recorded on your application as well as Date of Birth.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.