About this job
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.
As a Principal Program Officer (AO7) within Reform and Strategic Initiatives, Strategy and Stakeholder Engagement Branch, you will:
- Lead the development of a coordinated approach to accurate data collection, management and analysis across the sphere of early childhood to inform the implementation of key departmental priorities and initiatives.
- Through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and interpretation, provide timely and quality advice to inform quality executive decision making in relation to strategic issues in the early childhood education and care sector.
- Contribute to the preparation of high level written communication, including correspondence, briefing documents and media lines related to the release of data on the early childhood education and care sector and government investment (eg Report on Government Services).
- Represent the Division in a variety of forums, including presenting the results of your data analysis.
- Establish internal and external networks and liaise with senior officers and other departmental representatives in a range of government and non-government agencies to identify issues, develop initiatives, coordinate implementation and deliver improvements in the Division’s data analysis capabilities, to support evidence-based decision-making.
- Maintain a current knowledge of developments and initiatives in early childhood education and care.
The successful person
To be successful in this role you will have:
- high level analytical skills, including analysis, interpretation and presentation of data to inform strategy and policy; and
- the ability to influence and communicate effectively.
Project management skills and knowledge of the early childhood education and care sector would be an advantage.
To express your interest in this role, please provide;
- a summary of your relevant experience (no more than 2 pages)
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.