About this job
Alexandra Hills State High School is an Independent Public School. For more information regarding Independent Public Schools please CLICK HERE.
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate and enthusiastic Head of Department - Performing Arts to join our team at Alexandra Hills State High School. As an Independent Public School, Alexandra Hills State High School continues to be one of the largest schools in Redlands with an enrolment of 1494. Apart from the academic program, the excellent sporting and cultural programs add to the richness of the educational experience for our students. On the whole, our students are friendly, energetic, enjoy school but are committed to doing their best in all of their pursuits. 2018, has seen the introduction of PBL within our school in strengthening the school expectations of students being Courteous, Cooperative and Committed.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit the school's website.
About the Role
As a school leader you play a vital role in shaping the way we deliver education services to ensure students have the skills, knowledge and creativity to succeed in the global economy.
Your application should specifically address each selection criterion listed below.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Demonstrated teaching competence and capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrated support for and the capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values.
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages)
- Contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.