0413 437 329
About this job
- Help our students be the best they can be
- Australia's largest national provider of autism-specific educational services
- Multiple full time roles, Maternity Leave replacements - maximum term contract to July 2018
- Approx. $71-$105k p.a. FTE (depending on qualifications & experience) + applicable allowances & superannuation
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Recognised teaching qualifications are essential
- Located at Aspect South Coast School at Corrimal, NSW or at one of the satellite classes in the region
What you will do: Implement our evidence-informed autism-specific approach - the Aspect Comprehensive Approach for Education [ACAE]. Teach your students the skills to be the very best they can be. Allow them to positively engage with their communities.
Recognize that to help a student progress requires a team approach to develop and implement Individual Education Plans. You will be part of a special team of student, family, teacher’s aide and other professionals such as School Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists.
Small class sizes with a Teacher’s Aide for each class. Tailor the learning environments to the special needs of students on the autism spectrum.
About the School: Placement for over 120 children with autism from ages 3 to 16 years across the Illawarra and South Coast regions. Operating from Corrimal as well as from 12 satellite classes within both DEC & Catholic Schools between Bellambi & Kiama.
What we are looking for:
- Recognised University or Tertiary teaching qualifications (as determined by NSW Education Standards Authority)
- Registration with NSW Education Standards Authority
- Special Education qualification/s are preferred
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum or other intellectual disability
- NSW Working With Children Check clearance for paid employment
- Depending on the school's location/requirements it may be essential to have a current driver's licence
- A Light Rigid (LR) driver's licence is desirable
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please include your resume & complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Bruce Rowles, Principal, Aspect South Coast School on 0413 437 329.
More information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.