About this job
This vacancy presents an excellent opportunity for an aspiring or skilled Business Manager to be involved in financial and facilities management, actively participate in project management activities, and become an integral member of the Administration Team.
An applicant well-developed in OneSchool and Aggresso will be looked upon favourably. Applicants seeking further information in relation to this arrangement are encouraged to contact the Principal directly.
As the Business Manager you will have responsibility for the following:
- Operate autonomously in the provision of business services to the school, in an environment that at times exhibits a degree of complexity and frequently requires the interpretation of information and adaptation of processes.
- Provide a comprehensive range of administrative support (e.g. preparation of reports, and correspondence) and identify problems, conduct research, seek expert advice, recommend solutions.
- Undertake the day to day supervision and management of school support staff, including monitoring workloads and performance (working in collaboration with the Principal for any difficult performance management situations); identifying workforce capability requirements; and role modelling performance standards. In addition, this role will oversee for school support staff the signatories/approval of timesheets, leave applications, rosters, arrange relief; and organise, undertake and coordinate the recruitment, induction and training of school support staff.
- Support the Principal with the preparation and administration of the budget, undertaking day to day financial activities (e.g. reviewing school expenditure, managing payroll and purchasing, producing financial reports from OneSchool); seeking external expert financial advice when appropriate; proposing alternatives for managing the school's financial resources; and suggesting courses of action to routine and non-routine financial matters that comply with legislation and policy.
- Monitor and provide advice to the Principal on facilities and ground maintenance (e.g. advising on minor works and repairs schedules, negotiating with contractors, facilitating repairs, and overseeing expenditure of planned and unplanned maintenance budgets). Manage the purchase, maintenance and repair of resources/equipment in accordance with guidelines, and identify opportunities to generate greater resource sustainability.
- Build networks with other Business Managers, staff and community representatives to ensure the provision of corporate services meets best practice, and act as a role model for talent within the network.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”..
- applicants are encouraged to provide details specifically on working as a member of a team, managing financial and facilities, including managing a facilities project.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.