About this job
Murrumba State Secondary College is located in a beautiful part of Brisbane's northern suburbs, with easy access to the thriving Brisbane City, the relaxing foreshores of Moreton Bay or the endless beaches of the Sunshine Coast.
The College opened in 2012 and has rapidly become the school of first choice in the Murrumba area. Our College features world class learning programs, delivered in impressive and expansive new facilities, and a wide range of innovative learning technologies. Murrumba State Secondary College opened in January 2012 with Year 7 & 8 cohorts and was the first school in Queensland to introduce Junior Secondary as part of the Flying Start pilot. In 2018 the College enrolment population reached 1565 students. Despite being fully established, we will continue to witness signifiant growth over the next 5 years, requiring constant vigilance around enhancements
Murrumba State Secondary College is an Independent Public School. For more information regarding Independent Public Schools please CLICK HERE.
As Deputy Principal at Murrumba State Secondary College you will assist in delivering the department's vision and offer leadership in improving student outcomes and foster positive relationships amid students, teachers and stakeholders.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit the school's website.
About the Role
Your application should specifically address each selection criterion listed below.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Demonstrated capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use strategic thinking and analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated support for and the capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values. (Do not write to Point 5 in your written application. Point 5 will be addressed through referee checks and elaborated on at interview)
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online by using the 'Apply Online' button below.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages) with contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A maximum 4 page (one page per selection criterion) written response outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.