About this job
You are a professional Executive Assistant who can hit the ground running with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines. You are proactive and have excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
Naturally you have previous experience at Senior level and thrive working within a busy environment.
- Maintain effective time management practices for the Executive Director including coordinating diary appointments, meetings and conferences, venues, process travel arrangements, and accommodation, receive visitors and delegations to the unit, monitor important issues and follow up action items.
- Assist senior management in the development, implementation and evaluation of unit systems, processes, strategies, plans and reports.
- Coordinate the progression of correspondence using appropriate software programs and adhering to departmental standards.
- Monitor progress and report to senior management on various projects, undertake investigation, research and analysis of sensitive and confidential matters.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and review administrative procedures and systems, resource maintenance and purchases, asset registers, and exercise assigned financial, purchasing and administrative authorities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Meeting bookings and scheduling complex diaries
- Confident liaising with multiple stakeholders
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.