About this job
The Computer Systems Officer is required for this challenging and rewarding role to undertake systems installation, configuration, maintenance and administration by applying industry standard techniques to resolve technological issues and contribute to productivity improvements within the department.
Reporting to the Team Leader you will:
- contribute to the development and maintenance of standardised processes, approaches, documented procedures and other related technical documentation.
Act as an integral part of the departmental ICT operations teams; providing advice and support to other operational teams, regional ICT teams, school representatives and other departmental staff, in relation to fault resolution and new technology development.
Participate in training and mentoring of team members and peers in the technical processes and services offered within an ICT operations group.
The Computer Systems Office will have a strong technical support capability, ensuring requests align with set standards and procedures, and meet agreed service levels, with the capability to develop and improve operating procedures.
As the Computer Systems Officer you will have responsibility for but not limited to the following:
- Provide technical expertise to the department's ICT systems, including specifically:
- Perform administration, maintenance, and support tasks. (SFIA, Level 5 - ASUP/STMG/DBAD/SCAD)
- Undertake capacity reviews, identifying and analysing opportunities for performance and platform tuning. (SFIA, Level 4 - CPMG)
- Perform defined tasks to proactively monitor critical ICT services. (SFIA, Level 4 - AVMT)
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation works. (SFIA, Level 4 - ITOP)
- Identify operational issues and contribute to their resolution. (SFIA, Level 4 - ITOP)
- Troubleshoot and problem solve. (SFIA, Level 3 - PBMG)
- Ensure adherence to Cyber Security best practice.
- Provide a strong technical support capability, ensuring requests align with set standards and procedures, and meet agreed service levels, with the capability to develop and improve operating procedures. (SFIA, Level 4 - ITOP)
- Functional delivery against the department's Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes including Incident, Change, Release, and Problem Management in alignment with organisational policies, standards and guidelines.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standardised processes, approaches, documented procedures and other related technical documentation.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page cover letter describing previous experiences in context to the attached suitability spec for this role. Applicants should ensure alignment with the Selection Criteria identified in the attached Role Description, specifically the section “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.