02 4382 8800
About this job
What you will do: Implement our evidence-informed autism-specific approach - the Aspect Comprehensive Approach [ACA]. Teach your students the skills to be the very best they can be. Allow them to positively engage with their communities.
Recognize that to help a student progress requires a team approach to develop and implement Individual Plans. You will be part of a special team of student, family, teacher’s aide and other professionals such as School Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists.
Small class sizes with a Teacher’s Aide for each class. Tailor the learning environments to the special needs of students on the autism spectrum.
About the School: Aspect Central Coast School provides placement for over 130 children on the autism spectrum from ages 4 to 17 years from Terrigal, as well as from 6 satellite classes within the Catholic and Department of Education schools in the region.
What we are looking for:
- Recognised University or Tertiary teaching qualifications (as determined by NSW Education Standards Authority)
- Registration with NSW Education Standards Authority
- Special Education qualification/s are preferred
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum or other intellectual disability
- NSW Working With Children Check clearance for paid employment
- Depending on the school's location/requirements it may be essential to have a current driver's licence
- A Light Rigid (LR) driver's licence is desirable
- You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please include your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Mark Durie, Principal, Aspect Central Coast School on 02 4382 8800.
More information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.