0403 935 689
About this job
About the role: A challenging, rewarding and varied role making a difference in the lives of children on the autism spectrum and their families. Develop your knowledge of autism and specialist education approaches.
- Assist in the implementation of student Individual Programs (IPs)
- Assist with classroom programs, positive behaviour support and community access programs
- Assist with the integration of students into more inclusive settings
- Collaborate with school therapists, other professionals and families
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Certificate or other relevant tertiary qualification desirable
- Experience working with children who have a disability in a school setting
- Experience implementing IP’s
- Knowledge of transitioning students into mainstream settings
- Experience with people on the autism spectrum desirable
- Effective communication skills
- Current Child-Related Employment Assessment (DCSI) and Reporting to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) certificate
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Valid SA Driver's Licence
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: A competitive salary package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please include your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Manda Wilson, Head of Campus, Aspect Treetop School on 0403 935 689.
For more information visit: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.