PTC NSW provides an independent and non-partisan forum for the discussion of education policy and has a commitment to the professional development of teachers and to enhancing the professionalism of teachers and the quality of education in New South Wales.
PTC NSW is the umbrella body that provides support and member services to its member associations. It unifies teaching associations and brings together professional interests and education activities throughout NSW.
PTC NSW represents teachers from all levels of education; including early childhood, primary, secondary and tertiary and across systems including all Government, Catholic systemic and Independent schools and tertiary institutions.
PTC NSW provides a strong corporate voice on educational issues through submissions to, and lobbying of, Governments and other authorities on agreed educational issues and concerns. It provides an independent, non-partisan forum for the discussion of education policy.
PTC NSW plays an active co-ordinating role for professional teachers’ associations in NSW by:
- Liaising on behalf of associations with the NSW Department of Education and Training, the NSW Board of Studies, NSW Institute of Teachers, tertiary institutions, State and Federal governments
- Maintaining an active and effective link with Professional Teaching Councils in other States and Territories through the Australian Joint Council of Professional Teaching Associations
- Co-ordinating activities and information within and across the Key Learning Areas
- Arranging forums on educational issues, networks, newsletters, professional development and mailouts
- Acting as a clearing house for policy documents and information from the NSW Department of Education and Training (DET), the NSW Board of Studies, NSW Minister for Education, Federal Minister for Education, Department of Education, Science and Training (DEST) and NSW Institute of Teachers
Why teachers and schools should join a professional teachers’ association...
Professional teachers’ associations work in partnership with the education systems in NSW in the provision of curriculum support and professional development for teachers.
Members of Professional Teaching Associations are:
People in the know who…
Take advantage of opportunities provided by…
PTAs deliver the greatest number and variety of professional development opportunities to their members.
PTAs support their members through quality, cutting-edge professional development.
Teachers, can you afford not to be a member? Contact your Professional Teaching Association and... take the advantage.