Dr Evangeline Mantzioris, Program Director: Bachelor of Nutrition & Food Sciences, UniSA will open the conference with her presentation ‘The Science of Nutrition and Food’ followed by a 90 minute workshop presentation - ‘Sports Supplements - Science or Hocus Pocus?’.
Professor Kevin Norton, School of Health Sciences, UniSA will deliver a keynote presentation on ‘The Exercise Science Toolkit: A free online program for high school students to help develop data analytic and simulation skills in health and PE’ and will go into more detail on this program in his workshop in Session 1.
This one day Conference offers Health, Physical Education and Science experiences for teachers in middle and senior years (7-12) including the following workshop sessions:
• Sports Supplements – Science or Hocus Pocus?
• The Exercise Science Toolkit simulation laboratory: Examples for a range of individual and
• The Science in Sporting Careers
• Teaching Badminton to High School Students
• Hot Topics in Nutrition Science
• Using practical investigations to help teach exercise physiology: putting theory into practice
• How do I teach Biological Sciences?
• Geckos, Eagles and Indiana Jones - Developing volleyball players through understanding and
application of biomechanical principles
• Fats and Cholesterol involved in Health, Science, PE and Big Fat Lies
• Innovative teaching of Sports Science and Human Performance
• STEM - Tracker in the Physics and Chemistry classroom
• Incorporating STEM into Physical Education